Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lion-O, Boxes, and a Miracle

Lion-O
No, I am not watching old (or new) Thundercats episodes. Lion-O is the nickname Gus has given Jimmy. Our collie has always had a thick undercoat and "butt-dreds"--matted hair around his back legs. Given that he will be flying and that he tends to get mellow during the summer because of the heat, I decided that before I sold my clippers, I would clip Jimmy. This is a more difficult task than it sounds in spite of my experience with horses. I did, however, prevail. All things considered, he doesn't look bad. I left his tail and paws alone, and since he didn't like the clippers, I didn't go to far up his neck. Yep, he got a lion cut. Judging by his demeanor as he realized how good it felt to have bald spots, his INTENSE bouncing session as soon as I released him to clean the dog hair out of hte yard, and his general energy compared to previous years, I am going out on a limb and saying he likes it. As an added bonus, Gus has decided that Trotsky's nickname will be Mum-Ra.

Boxes
Obvious enough--I'm packing. My mom asked me the other day if it was controlled chaos or just chaos. I answered that I wasn't sure. I'm still not. Looking at the house, it looks pretty messy--empty boxes here, full boxes there, these are going, those are being stored, these have been labeled, those haven't, that stack of empties has lids, that doesn't. There are piles everywhere as we sort through our stuff. But there is order in much of it. Progress is being made, and we are moving forward. Yay! Yours truly has decided that heat is no fun. I used to have a tolerance for heat, but I don't anymore. Our upstairs is too hot, and packing the entire upstairs today has reduced me to a sweaty, stinky, icky pile of useless.

Miracles
We got an email yesterday morning (Friday evening German time)--from the relocation agent! Yes, she exists, and she is asking questions about what we want in terms of housing. We will be making contact on Monday morning by telephone so we don't have emails flying back and forth while we're on the road. Okay, fine, we know they will be. Still, at least it makes everyone's lives easier if we just do this by phone rather than exchanging a million emails.

And now . . . after a bowl of ice cream, I am on the couch watching bad sci-fi with Gus. By bad sci-fy I mean that we are now watching Piranhaconda. Piranhas and anacondas meet in a bad evolutionary mix up, and the monster is going on a rampage killing researchers and stuff. Well, at least that's what the preview shows. The movie is just starting, but the beast did just take out a helicopter. The movie even has a rockabilly theme song in which somebody sings, "look out--piranhaconda" without bursting into laughter as we did when we heard the song. An impressive feat!

Okay, I had pictures to add, but apparently my iPad, which is all I have at the moment, is a bit stupid when trying to add photos to a blog post. In the meantime, I am happy to report that 5 of the main characters AND a major bad guy have thus far survived the piranhaconda attack.


No comments:

Post a Comment